Debt is the Number 1 Issue Today! We don’ t realize that there are so many of us that have Debt issues. Determining where you are in your finances and how to be able to pay off the debt you do have, will be how you will be able to PayOff your Debt Fast!
This is Why I have put together a very right to the point strategies that you can implement Today, To GET OUT of DEBT Fast! Make sure you understand what is causing your debt and then it is time to put your plan in place.
What Cause you to Go into Debt?
Debt is never a good thing. Yet we seem to either need, want or sometimes purchase things and live beyond our means. But let’s say that debt was out of your control and it was due to a hospital bill that you couldn’t afford or medical bill that was out of your control. Yes, there are so many reasons, which causes us to go into debt. There are ways that we can prevent this to happen if we take certain precautions but there are always some unusual circumstances of course. But in general, if we plan for the unknown then we will be able to tackle anything.
4 Best Tips to Fix your Debt Issue
Tip 1: Start by Creating A Minimum Needs Budget
Now the first thing before even starting the month is coming up with a budget plan. This not prevents you from overspending, but it guides you to know what you have and what you don’t have. Without having a plan it is almost impossible to be able to know or remember all your expenses and what and when things go out of your account. All of these details are crucial and both you and your spouse need to be on board with sticking to this budget.
This is not only useful for paying the debt off, but also useful once you have paid off your debt for saving up for something or building up your funds. This is a life saver, to keep you from accumulating unwanted debt, ever again.
- Calculate all your expenses in a month and others that occur quarterly or yearly
- Take total Household Income per month and factor this in.
- Establish what your yearly goal payoff will be, in order to figure out how much you need to be contributing monthly to your debt
- If you earn any bonuses at work put this towards your debt repayment.
- Do not put any other payments on your credit card.
- Never just pay the minimum payment, always try to at least double it, or more.
- Review your budget every month end and relook at what needs to change for the following month.
Tip 2: Make Cut Backs on Expenses
- Change your internet provider
- Look at your monthly expenses and see where you can cut. Do this after your first month that you have noted everything down, that you spent on.
- Look for deals when shopping for groceries and coupons. There are now apps on your phone, as for example flipp, where you can find all the deals and stores will price match.
- Look at your food bill and do price match.
- Conserve your energy and be thoughtful of when you are using power and not leaving things on if not needed.
- Save on certain products, an example would be paper towels; use fabric hand towels that are washable, instead of paper. You would be amazed by how much you will save.
- Meal plan, so you are using leftovers to revamp into other meals. An example of this is I usually make chicken and rice one night and leftover chicken can turn into fajita night the following night or even chicken soup.
- Plan out your errand day. If you plan out the route and what you need to do all in one day, you will save on fuel, not having to run around the whole city for something, then having to go back because you have forgotten something. This is the same for doing grocery shopping plan out your list and this way you are only having to go out once that week to get your groceries.
Tip 3: Set Goals and Find your Why?
Setting goals and having a ‘Why’ to what you are doing is a big reason for success. It has been proven that when people set goals and have their big why they are doing something, it makes them 10 times more likely to complete that thing or task. If you ever have seen the most successful people in the world all had a why they did what they did.
Paying debt off should be no different. You need a motivator as to why you are needing to do this.
- What is your drive and motivation for paying off this debt?
- What are you going to accomplish in the long run, when your debt is paid off?
The best advice is to determine you’re ‘Why’ and write out your goals. I suggest using the SMART method. If you have never heard of this, it stands for; Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Timely. I briefly explained the SMART method below.
To explain this method first is to be Specific, so keep it simple and significant, when determining your Why. Ask yourself, what is it that I want to achieve and be very specific on your Why.
Measurable is meant that have your Why be something that is motivating and is meaningful to you, for you to want to do it, this will keep you motivated, when has a significant meaningful Why. When you have something that is measurable it will help you stay focused on meeting your goals.
Achievable is make sure that your Why is something that is achievable and is not impossible, that as long as you keep persistent you will achieve what you are setting yourself up to do. So have a plan on how you’re going to achieve your goal.
Then there is Relevant and this is to make sure your Why is relevant to what you’re trying to achieve and that it matters to you, after all, if it didn’t you wouldn’t have any reason to be trying to achieve your Why. So be realistic and base your Why on what is realistic and achievable.
Timely is ensuring that whatever you’re Why is, it is time sensitive and you give yourself a time frame for how long it will take to achieve your Why.
Tip 4: Start a Side Hustle
- Focus on increasing your household income. A side hustle is a great option, I have done this and highly recommend it. At least until you’re in the green again.
- If all else fails and you are still in the red with trying to have enough money to pay down your debt, then you need to find something on the side that will generate an extra income. If you want to know more about how you can earn an extra income from home, make sure to check out the article on, how to make money online.
The Last Thing You Need to Know about
Whenever you have debt it will not be easy. No one ever said that it was going to be smooth sailing. But I do know that it is completely possible, to pay off debt, it just requires hard work, dedication and most importantly, to be willing to stick to your budget no matter what. Promise to yourself that you will commit to this and that you will stick with it. I promise that you will not regret it, the feeling of being debt free is an amazing one, to know that you’re now on a different path to saving for a great future.
Are you Ready to Commit to the 4 Tips I gave you? Are you willing to do the work?
Promise to yourself, that you are going to do this! And I Promise you, that you won’t Regret it!
Please make sure to reach out to me if you have any questions, I love hearing from my readers and most importantly, I love helping people in any way that I can.
Be sure to leave your comments if you liked this and if you found it helpful, I love to know if this worked for you.